Membership | Surplus Lines Association of Washington
  • Membership


    What does registration do?
    -It allows you to make filings in the State of Washington as a member of the Association.

    Can I register and not become a member?

    Can I make filings in Washington without becoming a member?

    What does membership in the Association obligate me to?
    -You must abide by the rules and bylaws of the Association.

    What do I need to become registered with the Association?
    -We need the following:

    1. A Completed Application Package.
    2. Individual Surplus Line Broker Affiliation with Brokerage (verifiable on the OIC’s website).
    3. Brokerage/Entity Home State License
    4. $100.00 membership fee per Entity or Individual member, payable to “Surplus Line Association of Washington.” Dues are for the term September 1st to August 31st.  If you join after March 1st of a calendar year dues for the upcoming term will not be charged.

    You may email your application package to or send the package to our office:

    Surplus Line Association of Washington
    Attention: Jackie Vassallo
    600 University Street, Suite 1710
    Seattle, WA 98101

    Once we receive all of the above items, the Board will vote in your membership. You will be assigned a broker number, SLIP access and sent the Surplus Line Association of Washington Manual. The manual contains all pertinent information about the Association, along with procedures for making filings.

    For further information, email: